Although we are called to love one another, loving people is not always easy, especially when it comes to individuals like Mike. We all know it is much easier to love people who are less needy and less demanding. However, when people start to share their problems and demand our time, loving them can become a real challenge. In order to love others, we first need to acknowledge we can’t love people the way God calls us to love them. The reason for this is because of our sin. The truth is, we default to loving ourselves more than others. Jesus Christ was not like this. He loved people before Himself so much He gave His life for them. When we find ourselves in this new position of humility, we are able to turn to Jesus Christ and trust Him to give us the ability to love people more than ourselves.
Other videos in this series:
- February 1, 2018 – Uncommon Community – Session 3: Forgive One Another
- February 10, 2018 – Uncommon Community – Session 5: Submit To One Another
- February 10, 2018 – Uncommon Community – Session 6: Encourage One Another
- February 7, 2018 – Uncommon Community – Session 4: Serve One Another
- January 23, 2018 – Uncommon Community – Session 1: You Are Not an Island
- March 13, 2018 – Uncommon Community – Session 7: Be Devoted To One Another